9 Design Ideas to Instantly Transform Your Dining Room
There are many simple ways to utilize a new look or style for your dining room area, and there are plenty of unique home decor ideas to try out. Any home can benefit from a little updating in design and furnishings; a remodelling project can be just what you need to take your dining room from drab to fab!
What far too many home owners fail to understand is that getting a modern look for your home does not have to cost an arm and a leg. Finding dining room sets can be easy, and modern dining room designs and ideas can be very affordable, especially when you know where to shop and what to look for. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use lighting to your advantage! Utilize the natural light in the dining room and accentuate that natural look with furnishings, window treatments, and decor that compliment your windows. Switch off the electric lights now and then and go with candle light if you are looking for a romantic or peaceful ambiance.
- Plants can go a long way in breathing new life and beauty to the dining room area. This is an easy home makeover idea and can be achieved simply by adding a few potted plants on the window ledge, a taller plant in the corner, or a dish garden centerpiece for the table. Cut flowers work well too, though they will not last as long. If you don't have a green thumb, artificial plants can also work.
- The furniture you choose makes all the difference for your modern dining room designs and ideas. Elegant tables or modern chairs can set the tone for the entire room. Choose a focal piece of furniture and build the rest of the room around that piece. Remember to look at the table, chairs, rugs, lamps, light fixtures, window treatments, and every other piece of furniture in your dining area.
- Blank walls are easily transformed into a piece of modern dining room decor if you can find the right piece of wall art. Hang a painting, wall sculpture, or a nice antique mirror, and then stand back and marvel at what it can do for your dining room. Turn a bare wall by the table into a photo collage so you and your family and friends can share and relive all of your precious memories. A blank wall is a great chance to get creative and really define the style and look of your dining area!
- What's the best view in your room? Depending on the layout and style of your home or apartment, your dining room may be big or small or may have a unique layout. Consider these factors when you look for your dining room furnishings and decor. Make sure your furniture is set up so that the best view is easily seen. You'll want to highlight and draw attention to the best features of the room while you minimize an downplay the undesirable ones. The key is to work on finding dining room sets that work for you and your unique needs.
- Look around your home and use antiques or interesting items that you have on hand already. You can buy one focal point piece and use things from around the house to compliment it, or you may already have a great piece of art or furniture to use and just need to buy a few accent pieces to go with it. Create a focal point that can draw attention, and combine old and new for a unique look that is becoming increasingly popular in modern decor designs.
- Try your hand at creating some homemade custom designs. If you need some shelving space, a piece of wall art, or that special accessory piece, few things will bring a space together the same way that a custom homemade piece will. Look around at new designs and features and get inspired to create something of your own that will set your dining area apart from all of the rest!
- Miss-match is not always a bad thing; it is in fact a growing trend in modern dining room decor. Balance has its place, but a new and growing trend takes the appeal of asymmetrical design and maximizes it. Two different lamps on either side of the table don’t have to match, but they can still compliment each other and make your dining area pop. Three smaller frames on the wall can counter balance one large frame on the other side of the wall. Adding asymmetrical balance to your design can be a creative way to define your dining area.
- Don't hide beautiful moulding and don't cover up elegant baseboards. If you are lucky enough to have a home or apartment with attractive woodworking and moulding, then design your look around it. Don't cover up baseboards with a lot of furniture or long curtains, and show off the crown moulding! You would be surprised how much flare this can add to a room, especially the dining room.
With these handy remodeling tips and ideas in mind, and with plenty of inspiration at your finger tips, you're well on your way to finding the modern look and flare that is just right for your home! Transform your dining room and get the look and feel you have been searching for with a little help from First of a Kind. Home makeover ideas are just waiting to be discovered, so take a look and see what works best for you.
To take a look at our dining room sets and collection, simply click here!